A Forest School programme has a structure, based on the observations and collaborative work between learners and practitioners and showing a progression of learning.
A typical 6 or 10 week course will include activities such as:
- An Introduction to Forest School
- Environmental sustainable practices
- Engagement with seasonal changes
- Observing wildlife,
- Shelter building
- Campfire cooking
- Tool use
- Risk benefits and assessment
- Activities to develop the physical, social, cognitive, linguistic and emotional aspects of the learner
Outreach and training
Can’t come to us? We’ll come to you with our Education Outreach service. Contact us to see how best we can help support your school/group. We can also deliver training on Forest School, Beach School and Outdoor Education practices. Attend one of our taster days or book your next school INSET with us.
We also deliver guidance and practical help with school grounds development.
We also offer adult training Open Award Level 3 Certificate in Forest School Programme Leadership (QCF) in conjunction with Lancashire Wildlife Trust.
You can view more information on the Level 3 certificate by clicking here